Welcome to a new school year, SBMS Bears!
We are looking forward to a STRONG START to the 2021-2022 school year. Click here for the latest Bear Bulletin from Mrs. Spencer, SBMS Building Principal.
Hello from Mrs. Spencer
We are so excited about the start of the school year! 2021-2022 is going to be a great year. Teachers returned the week of August 4th and the work in classrooms continues to unfold in preparation for our students' return! This newsletter has a ton of information in an attempt to answer questions, prompt planning and prepare you for the start of the school year. Please scroll through all of it so if you see a topic that is helpful to you, you don't miss it!
A few things:
- Skyward Schedules: Schedules will be viewable to students and families through Family Access on August 12th. If you need directions for using Family Access, click here.
- School Messenger: Now that you have received this first newsletter, if you hear of friends who are not receiving this and should, please forward it to them and direct them to change their settings in School Messenger. School Messenger also has an app that helps you regulate how you receive communications AND warehouses your communications from the district and school in one place! Directions for changing school settings in School Messenger are here.
- 7th Grade Parents: Please be sure you read the article below on immunizations so your student can access their schedules. Students in this grade level are required to have particular immunizations. We began this work last spring but still have a few more who need to submit documentation that immunizations have been conducted.
- SBISD District Calendar: Be sure to keep this handy somewhere so you know when holidays and early release days are for all SBISD students.
- MySchoolBucks: Be sure you also read the MySchoolBucks article so you are ready to go in terms of ease of use in paying for different things your child will participate in during their time at SBMS.
I typically send a newsletter each Sunday once the new school year begins except during Thanksgiving, winter break or spring break. Please look for them. While I won't be able to provide specifics for every child, every class, my hope is that I provide enough information to get you started.
Welcome to our new Bears! See you on the 13th for Bear Camp and on the 16th for the new school year!
Stefanie Spencer, Principal