- The premier source for peer-reviewed articles covering all academic disciplines.
- Journal and references cover child development, best practices and more.
- Multimedia coverage of environmental issues, including health care and climate change.
- Literary content integrates with subject indexing for a full research experience.
- Millions of articles cover a full range of academic and general-interest topics
- Health-focused magazines, reference, video, and more.
- Fun, substantive content takes kids 6-14 on adventures in science, nature, culture and space.
- Search full-text articles by headline, date, newspaper section and more.
- Continuously updated information and opinions cover hot issues.
- An engaging cross-curricular resource created for middle school assignment needs
- Timely reference content joins science-based articles, news, experiments and more.
- An engaging student experience merges magazines, news, multimedia and more.
- Curated eBooks discoverable within Gale Literary Sources.
Brainpop- animated videos on a variety of topics.
Noodle Tools- Project Management System for Research.
Recursos en Espanol
enciclopedia con mucha informacion.
Welcome to the Library
Aaryn Silva , Librarian
Nada Omar, Librarian Assistant
Students entering 6th-8th grade are expected to read one book from the Lone Star list each summer.
Check out SBMS’s summer reading guide for 20 suggested titles. Need even more recommendations? Check out the Big District List for middle schoolers!
Students may come to the library:
- Between 7:50 am and 3:45 pm
- During lunch with a pass from the AP
- During class with a pass from their teacher
- With their class
Books are due two weeks after check out and may be renewed if needed.
Remember e-books can be accessed 24 hours.
Harris County Summer Reading Program
Copyright and Fair Use for Teachers
Go here to learn more about using resources in your classroom.
Useful Links & Downloads: